Access to path errors on local and dedicated web servers...

May 29, 2007 at 10:32 PM
Edited May 29, 2007 at 10:50 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to install the latest build/source code and noticed the build 2708 works fine without errors. But when applying any builds after 2708 (builds 2761-2857), I get a "Access to the path 'X:\XXXX' is denied." error. Noticing the "Fixed empty XFN tags, Made MarkOld() public, enabled BE to run in Medium trust, improved referrer logs" build 2761 is the start of the error. All permissions on both local and web servers have been checked to include needed access (like "Network Service"). I've even tried giving full Administrator access with no luck on both servers. The web server is running IIS6 and local is IIS7 (with applied "Classic" to run). Please help...

Edit: The setup in the local & Web server is running a single site with multiple virtual directories/sites hosting a blog (a temp setup for now). Example here: http://glacsy.com/blogs/
Coordinator
May 30, 2007 at 3:26 PM
The daily change sets runs i read-only mode when they get checked in. That's just how Team Explorer works. That's why it is possible that the files you try to write to is read-only. You can right-click them and remove the check-mark in the read-only check box. That might do the trick. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jun 7, 2007 at 12:16 AM
Thanks for the reply,

I'll try the new solution soon and post updates if needed...