This project is read-only.

Any Issues

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 7, 2007 at 6:03 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2007 at 6:03 PM
I have any issues about the BlogEngine.Net as follows.
1、I don't know how to compile the web site source code to 1 dll.I used the Web Deployment Projects to do this,but got the error "Error MSB6006: "aspnet_merge.exe" exited with code 1".
2、I think the files "BlogEngine.NET\admin\admin.master" and "BlogEngine.NET\admin\admin1.master" may caused the issue above.
3、The another issue is about the themes.I think the file "site.master.cs" can be put in the BlogEngine.core project,if not this the web site project may have 2 or more class named "site" and those class without namespace.So this issue may caused the issue 1 too.
4、if compiled the web site project the function "BindCultures" in Page "Admin/pages/setting.aspx" may caused an error ,because the "App_GlobalResources" is not exsits when you compiled the web site.

Sorry for my poor english,I hope that you can understand my words.
Please write soon.Thank you
Jun 7, 2007 at 11:09 PM
Jimmy, as I wrote in my e-mail to you, BlogEngine was never intended for the Web Application Project model (WAP). Therefore it has never been tested for that scenario.
Jul 30, 2007 at 5:17 PM
I am currently fixing these build errors so that I can use BE with a web deployment project. It is mostly due to name conflicts in places like Site.master all using a class like "site" which is conflicting during the assembly merge routine. To fix it I can either wrap the code-behind class in a namespace sing the theme name or prefixing the class like Green_site. This site helped me find the conflicts.

This could be avoided in the future if new themes specifically wrap the code in a namespace which I may do here.