Wiki Registration Problem

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:31 AM
I registered an account in the Wiki, but I got "We're sorry, an error occurred while processing your request"

Now when I login using the credentials I choose, I got a "wrong username/password".

Tried to register again to check whether my attempt was successful, I got "Username already exists, please choose another".

Tried to reset the password and got "We're sorry, an error occurred while processing your request".

I think it may be the mail configuration that is causing the error that whenever it sends a verification email, it fails.

My account's username is "Korayem". I just want to start wiki-eing :)
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2007 at 1:15 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2007 at 1:22 PM
I believe I fixed up your account. Let me know if you still can't login.

I went in and checked the setting for registration and they were all messed up. It should now allow you to register without error, alothough, you Korayem, won't need to register again. :)

Let me know if you are having any further trouble.

I'm going to go through the user list and try to get the others corrected. (You were not the only person with this error.)
Jun 12, 2007 at 2:08 PM
Thanks for the fix...But I still can't login...

I tried resetting the password, but still it doesnt work.

Did you check whether the SMTP settings work? Is the application able to send emails?
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2007 at 2:42 AM
I apologize for the problems. The email was not set up properly either. Mads was offline by the time I got home from work, so I set up a new email address for the wiki and it should be ready to go.

I completed correcting all the users who tried to register and deleted duplicate accounts as I went. I then sent everyone who ever registered an email to let them know that they have access.

The wiki is really important to us as it is an easy way for people to get involved and contribute to the project. Hopefully, the wiki will be less problematic moving forward.

If anyone has problems, please let me know here or via email. I'll do my best to keep on top of problems moving forward.
Jun 16, 2007 at 2:16 AM
I wanted to report back that I successfully logged in.

Thanks