BlogConverter tip...

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Jul 9, 2007 at 10:53 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2007 at 10:55 PM
Hey,

I was trying to convert post entries from Blogger to Blogengine.net with the blogconverter utility and ended up getting the annoying "0 items successfully retrieved" message with no further explanation as to why it would not find any posts..... Anyways, I found a way to successfully import from a blogger feed. Here is how I did it:

create an account with feedburner and point the feedburner feed to your rss feed. Then simply point the blogconverter utility to the feedburner feed. This will work.

Assuming that the feedburner feed is a pretty generic feed, this should allow the blogconverter utility work with most other applications.... I think...

One further observation: I have had a blog with blogger since its 1st version. It seems that the post made in version 1 came in with no problems. However, thise written in version 2, came onlyy with the summary. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the content tag was empty in the new posts and the post itself was placed in the summary tag and of course cut off.

I had to fix this manually by making the changes to the xml file, pointing the feedburner feed to the new file and then repointing the blogconverter utility.

Hope it helps...

Regards,

M.