Theme creation: Ability to add element to only post view?

Topics: Themes
Jul 10, 2007 at 1:29 AM
What I'd particularly like to do is re-add Google AdSense to my blog.

As I posted elsewhere, WordPress has a nice plugin for this, but lacking that, I'd like to be able to add an AdSense block to a post, but only if we're looking at an individual post. WordPress has something like (working from memory) IsPost, IsSearch, ... etcetera.

Since the theme documentation is lacking, and the default themes don't appear to have this functionality, and since I can't find anything in the discussion list archives ... has anyone run across such functionality in BlogEngine?

If one of the project developers runs across this, and it's not currently an option, I'd definitely vote for this functionality :D

Thanks all!

Jul 20, 2007 at 9:15 PM
We are planning a plug-in framework that let's people build extensions for different kind of events. For instance will there be an event called PostServing (or something like that) that will let you manipulate the output. That way you can write adsense in the post, and then let a custom AdSense plugin translate that into the right javascript code. I hope for it to be in the 1.2 release
Jul 20, 2007 at 9:17 PM
hmmm, codeplex changed the adsense word into a link. I'll try again:

You could write something like <adsense> in the tinyMCE editor and have it translated into javascript by a plugin.
Sep 14, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Was wondering if the capability for incorporating Google AdSense etc. into a blog is now in place
Sep 14, 2007 at 10:34 PM
Sure, just write the plug-in. Check out the plug-ins in the /App_Code/Extensions/ folder to get you started. It's very simple. Only a single class is needed.