Possible Bug! "The resource cannot be found."

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 17, 2007 at 8:35 AM
Hello Friends,
I am translating the blog to Farsi (Persian) and I found something related to non-English posts. When I use the blog in languages other than English and I post an entry after hitting the save button the error "The resource cannot be found." appears.but it actually posts the entry when you check the front page. But then again if you try to edit or delete the entry it gives the same error.
This only happens if I type for example in Persian or Arabic in the Title textbox but it is ok for English.
For example when I try to post an article with name "مقاله آزمایشی" the error appears. It asks for the page "مقاله آزمایشی.aspx" which doesn't exist! (Something related to UrlRewriting I guess)
Any Idea?

Thank you
Jul 17, 2007 at 10:33 AM
Yesterday I've uploaded patch #136 that corrects this issue.
http://www.codeplex.com/blogengine/Project/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=15786
It's not evaluated by developers team yet but you sure can give it a try, worked fine for me.
Jul 17, 2007 at 12:35 PM
Hi Lesha
Thank you for reply. I replaced the original files with yours and recompiled the whole project but unfortunately it didn't work! Still the same error. because the url to article is the name of the article so if it is in Persian or non-Latin characters it gives the error.

touradg
Jul 17, 2007 at 1:08 PM
This is strange. I've just tried using Persian symbols you provided, it worked even on a clean 1.1 code. Actually my modification is aimed at non-latin characters in mixed case. Looks like your issue is different and the solution lies somewhere in the environment settings.
Jul 17, 2007 at 5:00 PM
Hi
I tried this in three diffrent computers and environmets.I extracted the content of zip file ,Created a virtual directory and then navigated to the site(so everythings default).I loged in and add an entry in persian and the error appeard.

Windows XP SP2
IIS 6
VS2005
SQL2000

Tx
Touradg