timezone

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 5, 2007 at 6:40 PM
I have an issue with the time zones. Currently I'm hosting at webhost4life and there servers are setup on US PST timezone. My timezone is GMT +1 and everything i post has the wrong dates.
If i use pacific time (GMT -8) the dates show up correctly but the latest post takes a while before it shows up. (The post in future feature) ...

Is there a work around for this issue or does the timezone handling have to be rewritten for that?

thanks
Aug 5, 2007 at 9:42 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2007 at 9:50 PM

I tried some different settings and as far as I can tell I have to set the timezone to the server timezone... And I have to post in that timezone or I'm posting in the future...
So what needs to be done is provide a new setting for local time zone and server timezone.. Right?

I removed the "&& DateCreated <= DateTime.Now" check for now... I might look in to it myself
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2007 at 9:16 AM
Hi Zertox,

The problem is that my server is located in GMT + 1 and so am I, so it's very hard for me to test this. I have tested it locally where I changed the windows timezone and it worked fine. You can try the latest source code because there has been some bug fixes applied for the future posting feature.

Thanks
Aug 6, 2007 at 9:38 AM
Hey Mads,

I'm already using the latest source code.
If i setup the timezone in blogengine to use the server time zone... the times show up correctly. But then the "DateCreated <= DateTime.Now" check fails because for that timezone I'm posting in the future wich is not possible.

As far as I can tell he shows the date/hour of the poster for everybody.
There should be a setting provided per user/poster wich defines the timezone he is in. And convert it to the timezone the application (server timezone) is set to.

And maybe even a 2nd global setting for wich timezone to display the site in? :)

Aug 9, 2007 at 4:26 AM
I'm having similar issues.
I'm on PST (GMT -8), my server is on AEST (GMT+10) and so I set the timezone for the blog to PST.
Initially when I post everything seems fine - posts appear in teh correct order, with correct timestamps but then later when I go back and look at the blog again things have got out of order. Going into the post and changing the timestamp to try and get them back into the correct sequence doesn't seem to be updated.

Using the current 1.1 download (not brave enough to try the source control updates!)

Is there a timed job that re-processes posts or something like that that would be updating/fixing the publish time / rebuilding the front page?