Better URL's?

Aug 8, 2007 at 12:28 AM
Is there any plan to make the url's a bit better? The current solution forces you to have unique titles, any plan to put a date in this path?
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2007 at 8:23 AM
Not at the moment, no. I've had a blog in 1½ year on not once did I use the same title - not even by accident. I don't know how big the value would be. The downside is that all links would break it the date is added to the URL and that is bad from an SEO perspective.
Aug 8, 2007 at 9:55 AM
It's stupid but maybe we could check if there are posts using the title and then add a sequencial number or something similar.
Just like test-title.aspx, test-title2.aspx, test-title3.aspx and so on.
Maybe the only "problem" would be SEO purposes as the blog would appear many times on google search page... hehehe
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2007 at 11:47 AM
Or simply notify you when the post is created that there already is a post with that name. That way you can just change the Slug or the title and that's it.
Aug 8, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Yeah a notification work work fine for me.
However about uploading files or images I need a warning if the file already exists and the option to overwrite or rename,
Aug 8, 2007 at 3:15 PM
Hi
I have had problem with title and url before mads add Slug.but now i have added one line of code in page_load event which simply fill the slug textbox with date+Time.somehting like this: 200789-1121.so you don't need to remember the posts titles.

good luck
touradg
Aug 8, 2007 at 6:20 PM
That is a great suggestion, I hadn't fully looked at what the slug actually does. So I to will have it auto fill it with some combination of the date.

Thanks!