fileBrowserCallBack could not be found

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 12, 2007 at 7:57 PM
I'm just running the BlogEngine locally, testing it out, but I seem to be unable to add images to the body of posts.

Clicking the 'Insert/Edit image' icon works fine. But when I click the icon to browse for a file, I get the following popup error:

Callback function: fileBrowserCallBack could not be found.

I also get the error if I try to insert some 'embedded media'
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2007 at 8:36 PM
It's because it haven't been implemented in the editor yet. To insert images and files you should use the two upload text fields just below the editor.
Dec 10, 2007 at 12:18 AM
I'm able to use the upload text fields successfully. However, when attemping to use the 'insert / edit embedded media' icon and selecting the 'browse' icon in the general box (general tab), i get the error 'Callback function: fileBrowserCallBack could not be found.' Could you please assist?
Mar 6, 2008 at 10:48 AM
Hi guys.

Just wondering if there had been any progress on this issue.

My current work-around involves mapping a virtual folder to the app_data/files folder, uploading the file using BROWSE/UPLOAD, and then using the full URL to the virtual folder+filename when referencing the file to embed.

A bit too techie for some of my users but it does work.

Cheers,

Ben
Mar 24, 2008 at 3:19 AM
Having the exact same issue with a clean install of 1.3. Seems to be related to TinyMCE - but am not entirely sure. Upon inspecting with Fiddler, it looked like a file "examplemedialist.js" was missing from the app. Added it, but didn't seem to help. The TinyMCE site indicates that this needs to be dynamically generated.
Jun 8, 2008 at 2:29 PM
I'm getting the same error when trying to upload from the embed media button. I can't find the problem either... Can someone please address this?

Thanks,
Michelle