Moderate comments before posting

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Aug 20, 2007 at 4:54 PM
Has anyone implemented a way to moderate comments before allowing them to be posted?
Aug 20, 2007 at 8:12 PM
The current source code has it in there. You can approve them or delete them.

cloudsift wrote:
Has anyone implemented a way to moderate comments before allowing them to be posted?

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:19 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2007 at 4:36 PM
I don't see this option on the administration side of things. I am taking a look through the source files, but haven't found where you are talking about.

I am using version 1.1 and right now by default anyone can post and they get saved instantly. Where in the source do I need to change this at?

I just noticed the updates under "Source Code" Thanks for letting me know rclarkson.
Aug 21, 2007 at 6:23 PM
The option is only available in the current source code. It has not been officially released. If it gets approval it will be released with the next version as part of the official release.

cloudsift wrote:
I don't see this option on the administration side of things. I am taking a look through the source files, but haven't found where you are talking about.

I am using version 1.1 and right now by default anyone can post and they get saved instantly. Where in the source do I need to change this at?

I just noticed the updates under "Source Code" Thanks for letting me know rclarkson.

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:23 PM
I see these posts are a year old. I am new to the software. I cannot find any interface for moderating comments. I check the box, but I don't see a place to go in and actually do the moderating. This is very important for our business to do. We are FINRA and SEC regulated and can't have comments posted without moderation. Can someone please explain how to manage this?
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2008 at 2:05 PM
Once you enabled moderation by checking this option in settings, all new comments will only be visible to administrator and have "approve" and "delete" button next to it. There is no separate admin interface for administering comments, it is all "in place" - in the post itself.

I'm working on extension that will have its very own interface for comment administration and will integrate moderation with spam protection service, I'll drop a line here when it is done :)
Nov 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM
Okay, so to clarify, the comments absolutely will not go public if this box it checked, until the admin approves or denies. Can you edit as well and then post?
Nov 26, 2008 at 5:08 PM
http://www.cristianofino.net/post/comment-manager-extension-ovvero-come-modificare-i-commenti-con-BlogEngineNET.aspx

Scroll down that page for the English version.

Comments don't show unless approved, and the extension allows you to edit comments on the fly.

-Clarence
www.ocdprogrammer.com
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:52 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2008 at 1:53 AM
Commentor - new extension for BlogEngine.
Dec 16, 2008 at 4:37 PM
rtur, you said: "Once you enabled moderation by checking this option in settings, all new comments will only be visible to administrator and have "approve" and "delete" button next to it."

I have moderation enabled in the settings and I do see "approve" and "delete" when I am logged in as admin. My problem though is that the comments are showing up for everyone before they are approved. According to what you are saying it should not work like this. Have you or anyone else ever run into this and does anyone know what might be wrong?

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:40 PM
So when you're not logged in at all, you are seeing comments that are not yet approved?  What version of BlogEngine are you using?  What if you try switching to the Standard theme, can you still see unapproved comments when not logged in?
Dec 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM
Actually now it is working. I think it just works a little buggy when you are logged in and you also post comments. Once I started posting comments in another browser (not logged in) they seemed to work as they should, meaning they don't appear until approved and the admin gets a notification email.

For what it's worth, the theme I am using is the Standard theme, although I have customized the look extensively. The Blog version shows 1.4.5.0. Maybe this is part of the problem if there is a newer version. Also if it matters, when I originally  downloaded BlogEngine I downloaded the file that says web, not source.    
Jan 16, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Attention moderator, the last two posts in the thread are spam. Is there any way to flag posts as spam in Codeplex?
Jan 28, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Is there a way to delegate a moderator and have the notification emails sent to a user other than the administrator?  I am the admin user, but I don't want to moderate. I need that to be done by the client.