allow anonymous entries/posts

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Aug 21, 2007 at 2:59 PM
Hello,

I'm new to the blogengine and I must say it's darn wicked!

I was just wondering, if it's possible to allow anonymous users to POST or Add Entries without having to sign in first or to be an author. And maybe have the list of entries go into a pool where an authorized user/author like myself would be able to accept the entry or not.

Would there be a easy way to do this or will this require some incredible amounts of coding?

Many thanks

Davinski
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2007 at 10:01 PM
It is not implemneted and I'm not sure it ever will. However, it is very easy to log people in automatically without username and password. In the Begin_Request method in global.asax you can just sign the visitor in using a username and password of a user you've already created.
Aug 22, 2007 at 12:46 AM

madskristensen wrote:
It is not implemneted and I'm not sure it ever will. However, it is very easy to log people in automatically without username and password. In the Begin_Request method in global.asax you can just sign the visitor in using a username and password of a user you've already created.

Many thanks for your thoughts madskistensen!

Yes I too thought of this method however, currently from what I can see, all users which are logged will then be able to make site wide changes to the settings etc. of the blogengine.

If there a way to limit this, like perhaps ONLY allow a user to post entries and nothing more? Will version 1.2, the implementation of Roles and Profiles solve this issue?

Many thanks

Davinski
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2007 at 10:51 AM
In the next version we'll have a role provider that let's you assign different roles to different users.
Oct 17, 2007 at 4:45 PM

madskristensen wrote:

Hello -
We would like to use anonymous / guest posting as a 'guest blog' feature for users of our website.

I would like to implement this as you suggested in BeginRequest method.
Do you have a pointer as to what we would code to sign in the user as "Guest"?
What object or methods would I invoke?

Many thanks in advance,
bruce