New theme for BlogEngine.Net

Topics: Controls, Themes
Sep 4, 2007 at 8:26 PM
I just posted a new theme at http://www.romanclarkson.com. I am looking for someone who could finish up the css. I am trying to get it wrapped up so I can possibly get it into 1.2. Likewise, if anyone is willing to "partner" on some css stuff I will convert templates to the BE.N format.

Let me know.
Sep 4, 2007 at 10:32 PM
I actually wish they would put less themes in the delivery and leave it for people to download if they want it. The build can get bloated if we keep adding themes to it.
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2007 at 10:38 PM
I agree. We need to only bundle the the different types of themes and not anything else. Good point
Sep 4, 2007 at 10:58 PM
Hey Roman.

Yikes, looks like you've got some issues in Firefox (2.current). I'll take a look at this and see if I can resolve this for you (I'll post back on your site).

If you need some CSS work done, don't hesitate to let me know. I was actually feeling guilty about only doing one theme for BE.NET thus far ...

~James
strivinglife at gmail.com
Coordinator
Sep 4, 2007 at 11:05 PM
Strivinglife, you're the man.
Sep 5, 2007 at 2:06 AM
Edited Sep 5, 2007 at 2:07 AM
I don't think we need any less themes on the downloads. The ones we have are great. I just feel like there is growing need to have diversity on the UI side. I am willing to do a them ea month if I can. If strivinglife will help we can get it cranked out. Keeping the themes as a seperate downloadable file is great for me. I just want them out there. If I was not a tech person and I only had a dozen or so themes to use I might get a little frustrated. We don't need hundreds but several dozen should provide the diversity that our end users represent.

So strivinglife, if you will help on some of the css I will crank out some more themes. I would like some recommendations if anyone has them.

strivinglife wrote:
Hey Roman.

Yikes, looks like you've got some issues in Firefox (2.current). I'll take a look at this and see if I can resolve this for you (I'll post back on your site).

If you need some CSS work done, don't hesitate to let me know. I was actually feeling guilty about only doing one theme for BE.NET thus far ...

~James
strivinglife at gmail.com

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:43 PM
@Mads: Just my contribution to the community :D

@Roman: I believe I've got this fixed. I had sent you an email through your contact form re: missing CSS and images in the zip file, but as I said I was going to do, I just grabbed the necessary files from your site and worked with that.

Here it is in action: http://www.jamesrskemp.net/blogengine/prerelease/

Tested on IE 7, Firefox 2.0.0.6, Opera 9.10, Safari 3.0.3 (Win).

And here's the CSS file: http://www.jamesrskemp.net/blogengine/prerelease/themes/TheGreenHouse/default.css

If you still want to send the CSS file, I can send you, separately, the changes I made.

Pet peeve: You may want to give your images actual names (example: img01 > header_bg). End pet peeve ;)

~James