CodeFormatterExtension - Line #'s and Alternate Background?

Topics: Controls
Feb 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Hey folks, been hunting and pecking the forums regarding this extension. 

First - It looks as if it's working, regardless of the fact that clicking "View" on the extension throws an error, so figured that out.

Second - I can't seem to modify any settings for this.  In particular, the ability to show Line #'s and Alternating Background colors.  All I get is a grey box with some code in it, somewhat formatted.  I've tried editing the CodeFormatterExtension.xml file in App_Data, but there are no entries for such options:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ManagedExtension xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Name="CodeFormatterExtension">
  <Version>0.1</Version>
  <Priority>0</Priority>
  <Description>Converts text to formatted syntax highlighted code (beta).</Description>
  <Author>www.manoli.net</Author>
  <AdminPage />
  <Enabled>true</Enabled>
  <ShowSettings>true</ShowSettings>
</ManagedExtension>

Is there any way to make this happen?

Thanks!

Feb 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Oh...and Third - whenever I have a C# comment (//), everything below it is green - not just the line with "//" in it.  Thoughts?

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Has anyone ever looked into that third issue about single-line comments greening out everything below? I am currently experiencing that same issue (with version 1.6.1 of BlogEngine.Net) and this is the only thing I could find that even mentions it.

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:30 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM

BE Version: BlogEngine.NET 1.6.2.33

How do you get the CodeFormatterExtension to work?

In the editor there is no button for it.

Thanks,

Java Blog

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:09 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Got the button in it working.

But now it does not format the code.    No options to pick line numbers and etc.

protected void grid_PageIndexChanging(object sender, GridViewPageEventArgs e)
  {
      grid.PageIndex = e.NewPageIndex;
      grid.DataSource = _settings.GetDataTable();
      grid.DataBind();
  }

It does not format the code and it over runs no word wrap.