Manual Setting of the Localisation

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Sep 8, 2007 at 12:34 AM
I was just wondering if anything was planned to add a manual over-ride to the server localisation?

My server is set to en-US and it is quite annoying to have the dates, etc all get cast to strings in the "wrong" way!

I know I could add something like <globalization culture="en-GB" /> as a workaround, and I will try it and see what issues (if any) I come across - since I am not very familiar with your date handling stuff yet, especially in the sql provider as I know mis-matched locales can be a pain there...

I will do some digging and see what surfaces.

Leigh
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2007 at 1:58 PM
The dates displayed on posts and comments are formatted on the theme. You can modify it directly by altering the DateCreated.ToString("d. mm yyyy") or whatever you want it to look like. You can find it in PostView.ascx and CommentView.ascx
Sep 11, 2007 at 4:02 AM

madskristensen wrote:
The dates displayed on posts and comments are formatted on the theme. You can modify it directly by altering the DateCreated.ToString("d. mm yyyy") or whatever you want it to look like. You can find it in PostView.ascx and CommentView.ascx

Ah ok, I wasn't thinking! Format strings are a much better way of doing this... Furthermore as I have read through the code it seems you keep everything locale invariant anyway.