Two Big Requests!

Sep 24, 2007 at 7:01 AM
Hi developers,
I know this is going to be a something unrelated to 1.2 release (and probably a headache) in such a compressed timeframe BUT may I ask BE developers to add two more features for this release?

-One is an image gallery in which users can vote or comment to the pics.
-And another is print capability for each post in which users can print the specific post.

Thanks
Touradg
Sep 24, 2007 at 2:46 PM
There is only a week left. The first request, I am guessing, is a not going to happen anytime soon. And on the second, I have contemplated adding this one. It won't be added until after 1.2.

Touradg wrote:
Hi developers,
I know this is going to be a something unrelated to 1.2 release (and probably a headache) in such a compressed timeframe BUT may I ask BE developers to add two more features for this release?

-One is an image gallery in which users can vote or comment to the pics.
-And another is print capability for each post in which users can print the specific post.

Thanks
Touradg

Sep 24, 2007 at 5:10 PM
"The first request, I am guessing, is a not going to happen anytime soon"

I don't like this part rclarson.
I have seen your roadmap.can it be sooner than end of list?

Regards
touradg
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2007 at 5:36 PM
A gallery is not exactly a core blogging feature and we want to keep BlogEngine.NET as clean and to the point as possible. However, we are planning on releasing addons like a gallery and other stuff for people to download them selves.

When that is said, a gallery is not that far fetched in a blogging scenario so it might be included in a future version but not in 1.2. Maybe 1.3 but I wouldn't count on it. It's more realistic in 1.4