Source error at design (control can't be created) some help ?

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Sep 29, 2007 at 3:29 PM
Hi,
I'm trying BlogEngine and it works well but I want to modify some behaviors. When I open the project in VS2005 and try to open some page I get for almost all the latters the same message in design mode : "Error when creating the control ..." (translated from french message). I also noticed some other problems (unrecognized elements in aspx tags for example).

Well.. I'm certainly missing something but I can't see what.

Can someone give me some clues to work with the source code of this project ?

Thanks in advance..
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2007 at 5:05 PM
BE has not been build using the design view of Visual Studio or Visual Web Developer Express. Therefore we haven't put any effort into making it work well in design view. This hasn't changed for the 1.2 release, but is part of the not yet published roadmap for 1.3.
Sep 29, 2007 at 6:58 PM
that explains a lot...
Sep 30, 2007 at 1:01 PM
ok, thanks a lot for your answer.
There's so much good work in BE that it needs now to be also easy to design under VS.
One other thing : is there a doc explaining the code logic ?

thanks for this good code and I'm waiting the 1.3 release !
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2007 at 2:03 PM
We've put the design view issue on the road map for the 1.3 release. All documentation is found at http://www.dotnetblogengine.net/wiki and http://www.dotnetblogengine.net/docs

thanks for this good code and I'm waiting the 1.3 release !

Let's get the 1.2 out the door first :)
Sep 30, 2007 at 2:59 PM
Thanks for the docs links. What I was speaking about is a kind of doc where you can explain how BE is built, the technologic choices, which part is calling which other and why. Doesn't need to be very long and can be just a couple of drawings. Something giving a "bird sight" of BE source. Perhaps this doc is existing and I missed it ?
But I know you've got still much to do, but such a doc will help people who want to contribute to the project.

regards.
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2007 at 3:02 PM
That's a good idea. I'll create such documentation. Probably a video.
Sep 30, 2007 at 4:25 PM
A video is certainly a good idea and will ease possible contributors source code approach.
Well, there's the 1.2 to release before playing with your webcam :-)

Have a nice sunday !