Role of the PageSiteMap

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 30, 2007 at 7:19 PM
I already posted an issue for this, but maybe I did not explain it good enough and it was closed.
I would like to use for the main menu of a BlogEngine site, the PageSiteMap that is dynamically generated from the Page hierarchy that the user creates.
In the 1.2 bits, unless I miss something, if I create a home page and bellow, a picture page, a products page... there is no way to include the blog or contacts pages in that hierarchy so that it shows in a dynamically generated menu.
By adding a RedirectUrl property to the Page class, I can create a place holder page in the hierarchy and make the PageSiteMap replace its Url by the RedirectUrl property if it has a value.
This way, the end user is able to control the whole navigation of the site without having to modify the skin.
Moreover, with the css friendly menu adapter, http://www.asp.net/CSSAdapters/Menu.aspx, it is easy to control the look of the menu with the skin's stylesheet.
Does that make sense to anyone?
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Sure, I know exactly what you mean and it is a good idea. The 1.3 version will have a lot of new stuff for the pages and sitemap this included.