Windows Live Writer Tags and Keywords

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:34 PM
Hi,

I am using v1.2 and would like to know how I can add tags to the post using windows live writer. I read a post somewhere that there is a keywords textbox as per blogengine customizations, but I dont see it.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to add tags. Thanks.
Oct 5, 2007 at 3:51 PM
WLW, menu View, item Properties. Or just press F2. Write your article tags into Keywords textbox, separated by comma.
Oct 5, 2007 at 10:41 PM
Great tip! Wondering if there is an interface to provide a description and slug too from WLW. Any ideas?
Oct 6, 2007 at 9:26 AM
If you click on View capabilities in Weblog Settings windows (WLW, menu Weblog, item Edit Weblog Settings...) you will get new windows Weblog Capabilities. WLW describes Yes/No values for weblog features it covers.

Unfotunately WLW is not able to support Slug with BE.NET at this moment. As for as description, I have found that using more is much better. It is very flexible to decide how long post excerpt should be on your blog homepage. I recommend you to download and watch http://www.dotnetblogengine.net/file.axd?file=BreakLongPosts.wmv.
Oct 6, 2007 at 4:48 PM
Hi Guys,

The View>Propertites Options is Grayed out. Looking at the capabilities, it shows me that keywords are not supported?

WLW Version: 2008 (Build 12.0.1277.816)
BE.NET Version: 1.2

What can I be doing wrong?

Much Appreicated
AJ
Oct 6, 2007 at 6:07 PM
I have just checked my WLW and BE.NET settings, unfortunately I have not found anything. Try to push "Update Account Configuration..." button once again.

Do you see special button TAG at the WLW's right column under links "View your blog" and "Manage your blog"? Also look at this link http://nyveldt.com/blog/post/Windows-Live-Writer-Customization-for-BlogEngineNET.aspx.
Oct 7, 2007 at 6:33 AM
Thanks Guys,

I found the problem. The domain which I registered with WLW was actually a forwarding location (which forwarded it to another domain). Using the direct URL works fine.

Thanks.

AJ