BlogML Import Problems

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Oct 6, 2007 at 5:46 PM
I have exported my current blog in BlogML format and am trying to use v1.2's new Import tool. No matter what I try, I always get "The username or password is incorrect". The admin information I enter is right, so what could the problem be?
Oct 7, 2007 at 12:53 PM
Got the same problem...
Oct 7, 2007 at 8:33 PM
I had it work. I installed 1.2 today and created a new user and gave that user Admin and Editor privledges. It imported them all but gave an object reference not set error at the end.
Oct 9, 2007 at 2:14 PM
Since I'm not the only one having problems it appears, is there something I can I do to determine why this is happening or do I have to wait for a fix?
Oct 11, 2007 at 5:51 PM
I've no problem with the authentication. I succesfully importing from subtext to BlogEngine but several case is raising.

When using XML provider:
  1. The comments is not imported, I need to redo the action to make the comments appearing. The embeded picture also not imported. Any solution?

When using MSSQL provider, I use SQL Server 2005 Express:
  1. The comments also not imported, I redo the action and comments appearing. The weird is the comments are appearing but when I open the postcomments table, there's no entry (empty data).
  2. When trying to delete I get duplicated function. I was looked inside the code that when comments are going to delete, the function running DELETE Sql command and UPDATE sql command. I am trying to figure it out but the postcomments table is empty.
Mar 31, 2008 at 4:27 AM
I too get the same error. I can successfully validate the "Source Information" as well as the "Destination Information", but when I click the Import button I get two dialog boxes:

"The username or password is incorrect."
and then immediately ...
"BlogML Import Complete"

Of course, nothing actually imported.

Looks like either a bug or a failure to properly validate the input.

Could it be something from my BlogML file? It's an export from dasBlog ...

Attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated!
Mar 31, 2008 at 5:38 AM
It seems that the problem I'm seeing is specific to AddComments -- it appears that it keeps a guid of 000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 for the PostCommentID, and consequently fails on the second attempt because it violates a foreign key constraint.
Mar 31, 2008 at 3:19 PM
I was able to resolve this issue by doing the following:

1. Created a INSTEAD of TRIGGER on be_PostComment and REMOVED the primary key -- this allows the table to generate it's own primary key. Once you've imported, make sure to drop this table.

CREATE TRIGGER InsteadTrigger ON be_PostComment

INSERT INTO BlogEngine.dbo.be_PostComment
FROM inserted


2. The BlogImporter seems to blow up if your try to import a null email address. So, I modified it to insert a dummy email address, which I can then easily update via TSQL:

string email;
if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(comment.UserEMail))
email = "";
email = comment.UserEMail;

blog.AddComment(postID, comment.UserName, email, comment.UserUrl, comment.Content.UncodedText, comment.DateCreated);

Not pretty, but this seems to get around the problem.

I hope this helps someone!