Blog not rendering in FireFox

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Themes
Oct 12, 2007 at 11:41 PM
I have tried to write this post about 3 x's in fire fox but this site keeps giving me errors. But I digress. While the Blogengine works great in IE it does not render properly in FireFox. Its as though the CSS does not exist at all. The HTML Mark up and content renders but not the formatting. Please forgive if this is an old topic. the search did not briing anything up on this.
I thank you in advance for your effots.
Feb 20, 2008 at 7:55 PM
I have the exact same problem. When I go to View Page Source, its completely blank.
Feb 21, 2008 at 9:07 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2008 at 9:07 PM
I had been having similar issues and found that my problem was a combination of having "Trim stylesheets" enabled in the admin site, having comments /* ... */ within my CSS and starting off with a wildcard * CSS selector. Apparently when it removed the whitespace from the stylesheet, the line ended up looking something like:

/*GENERAL LAYOUT*/*{color:#fff}

It had basically commented out my entire stylesheet. For some reason, IE was able to make sense of it, but Firefox was not. I ended up just manually removing the comments from the stylesheet and that fixed the problem. A more proper solution would probably be if the "Trim stylesheets" function stripped out comments prior to removing whitespace.