Double posts with Windows Live Writer?

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:55 PM
I'm using WLW for post authoring and it seems each time I publish a post, only one post xml document is created (which is good), yet the post appears twice on the page (which is bad). Caching, obviously, as the duplicate post falls off eventually, but I'm curious as to why this is happening and even more curious how to keep it from happening.

A push in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.
Oct 16, 2007 at 9:31 PM
I used it to post two entries and didn't see any double posts. Not sure why it would be different.
Oct 18, 2007 at 7:43 PM
Hey that's the exact same Issue I'm having!!!! Did anyone find a solution?
Oct 23, 2007 at 3:05 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2007 at 3:05 PM
I have the same issue while publishing post with BlogJet client (blogjet.com). And, it is not constant effect. 50/50.
This double posts disappearing after Application Pool restart.
It looks like bug in BlogEngine. (?)
Nov 7, 2007 at 1:22 PM
Same issue here - I tried with the latest RTM of Windows Live Writer but did not see any change...
Nov 21, 2007 at 8:01 AM
This happens to me from time to time... I thought I got rid of it after switching to version 1.2 but yesterday it happened again. I always use the "add entry" option in BlogEngine, so this has nothing to do with third party programs...

I'd look into the cause of this myself if I had the time, but unfortunately I don't :(
Nov 21, 2007 at 8:24 AM
I noticed I have the same problem when posting from Microsoft Word. The only change I made recently was migrating my content to a SQL server backend. Are you using XML or SQL?
Nov 21, 2007 at 2:14 PM
I'm using XML for the backend. I thought the issue went away as well, but yesterday it happened to me again.

Mats, any ideas?
Mar 23, 2008 at 7:09 PM
I'm using BlogEngine 1.3, SQL Server and the web interface and getting duplicate posts. Before I investigate further did anyone resolve this or log something in the issue tracker (couldn't find anything)?

Thanks
Mar 25, 2008 at 1:12 AM
There is definitely a double-entry bug when posting with WLW and Word 2007. The only work-around I've been able to use is to submit the post as un-published then log into BE.N and update it to a published state.

HTH's!
::k::
Mar 25, 2008 at 9:22 AM
Thanks, I'll give that a try using the web interface and see if that improves things.
Mar 25, 2008 at 9:27 AM
Confirmed.
This is the approach I also use. Found out by trial and error.
I believe the exact command is 'post as concept' or similar.
Sometimes it also works when publishing an article and set the publish date to a date in the future. The double post error is then avoided. This works from WLW, but not from Word 2007 (on my computer, at least).

Peter.

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Getting this issue still with version 1.6, even when using the "Post draft to blog" option in livewriter.