BlogML Importer Error

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:03 AM
When I try to import blogml data from an xml file that validates with the importer tool I get a message box with the error.

Error: Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length

I take it there is a -1 somewhere ;) Anyway, is there anything I can do about this? i want to start using blogengine.net and get away from wordpress. Any help would be greatly appretiated.
Oct 22, 2007 at 5:23 PM
Is there anyway to get some help on this?

I have tried now to 2 different installs of blogengine.net on 2 different servers. I get the same error.

I assume maybe it has to do with the export from wordpress using the blogml format, but since the xml file validates I don't really think it is that.

please any help would be great. I really want to get off of wordpress, but don't want to retype over 120 posts.
Oct 22, 2007 at 7:23 PM
I had the same issue, and (for me) it choked because I didn't have any categories setup. I debugged and went into the code and removed the categories update code, but I bet the easiest way to get past this is to setup at least one category. Hope this helps...
Oct 22, 2007 at 7:39 PM
I do have one category setup and that is the BlogEngine.NET category. Should I maybe add all the categories?
Oct 22, 2007 at 8:26 PM
The line I had a problem with was in App_Code/BlogML/BlogMLReader.cs line 186
// category.Save();
For some reason it had issues saving (I assume to the categories.xml file), so I commented it out and it imported my BlogML fine. I could have looked into it a little further by my brain was fried by that point and I was just happy to have all my posts and comments ported over from Blogger to BE.

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:36 PM
I downloaded the source code but must be blind as i can't find the blogml importer stuff.
Oct 26, 2007 at 5:09 PM
I'm going to bump this hoping someone can help as it is annoying to not be able to use BE.NET because of a bug in the code.