Blog entry preview?

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:52 AM
Hi,
Is there anyway to limit a blog entry on the front page to a certain amount of characters and use a 'more' link to view the entire blog entry? I see you can limit how many blog entries you have on the front page, but no where to limit the amount of an entry to appear. Just makes the site cleaner in having short entries. I could of course break up a blog entry to many smaller ones, but when embedded pictures are involved it can be hard.

Also apart from the Wiki and this forum, is there any other source of documentation on BE? I have downloaded the help file containing information about the types/classes etc, but was hoping to start with a user manual first.

TIA.
Oct 28, 2007 at 6:53 AM
You can add more in your blog body where you want to end the short version and BE would automagically provide the link to view the entire blog entry...

sallas wrote:
Hi,
Is there anyway to limit a blog entry on the front page to a certain amount of characters and use a 'more' link to view the entire blog entry? I see you can limit how many blog entries you have on the front page, but no where to limit the amount of an entry to appear. Just makes the site cleaner in having short entries. I could of course break up a blog entry to many smaller ones, but when embedded pictures are involved it can be hard.

Also apart from the Wiki and this forum, is there any other source of documentation on BE? I have downloaded the help file containing information about the types/classes etc, but was hoping to start with a user manual first.

TIA.

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:55 AM
Thanks sukeshak, although the link you have provided comes up with "The wiki page 'more' does not exist. ". I'm assuming it's in the wiki (?) and I must have missed it, I'll have a bit more of a look around.
Cheers.