Logging in, and Administration Menu

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Oct 26, 2007 at 8:33 PM
I had problems getting my BlogEngine.NET application to allow me to log in with anything other than the Admin/admin credentials, even after I chaged the users.xml file. I had also made the approriate changes for making it not Read-Only anymore.

I decided to restart the WWW service, which allowed me to log in as I should be able to with my supplied login/pass. But, now I have no administration menu. I have the DIV for Administration, and Administration is there, but there are no options below to be able to do anything.

Any ideas?
Nov 19, 2007 at 10:53 PM
I'm caught in the same problem. You need to change Roles.xml to make your new selves administrators. But I've done that and it doesn't recognize them yet. I think the key to my problem is in your phrase 'restart the WWW service'. How do I do that?

-----Paul-----
Jan 13, 2008 at 6:58 PM
I have the same issue running BE on IIS (win 2003). Did you figure it out?
Jan 16, 2008 at 11:32 PM
See http://www.codeplex.com/blogengine/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=20305 if you are still stuck.
Jan 16, 2008 at 11:39 PM
Try to restart your application pool. I found that refreshing the roles.xml and users.xml is very sluggish and doesn't seem to reflect recent changes. Be sure your account is in the Administrators role in roles.xml...