Translating BlogEngine?

Oct 30, 2007 at 10:15 PM
I'm trying to translate BlogEngine to Hebrew, and I was bump into some problems:
  1. The Calendar and the Disclaimer are untranslatable.
  2. I tanslated the word "Categories", though it still appears in the main page under every post (or in the post) - in English. In the menu the translated word appears.
  3. The words "tag" "sign in" and "sing out" are untranslatable.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

thanks,
Ohad.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:22 PM
Some things are not translatable in the 1.2 release even though it's just a few. The disclaimer is one.

The word Categories under each post that cannot be translated is because the theme doesn't use the resource files. Try to look in the PostView.ascx in your theme folder. There you'll see it is hardcoded. You can change it to <%=Resources.labels.categories %>. I think the same is true for "Tag".

Sign in and sign out is handled by .NET and should follow the current culture but doesn't for some reason. I will look into it.
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:25 PM
The Categories is in the App_Code, but I can't find the tags. I will open the whole project and look for it.

Where the disclaimer is?
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:28 PM
I found it.
Oct 30, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Edited Oct 31, 2007 at 9:10 AM
There is text in the masterpage of some themes, I've fixed it, but if I send you the translate the label.he.resx not translate all of the content.

The calendar is problematic too, i needed to change the DayNameFormat to Shortest, so i've override the OnLoad method and do it hard coded.

Whould you like that I'll add my fixes to the code and send you (Not the hard coded - I'll fix what i can in the themes, and add properties to the calendar etc.)?
Oct 31, 2007 at 11:01 AM
Hmmm Im realy stupid... the PostCalendar derived from the calendar control...