Permalink Problem

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:03 AM
I had to manually import all of my posts into blogengine.net, however i hate to set up a subdomain to be able to do it. Well fortunatly I got all the posts done, but now the permalinks are hardcoded to the subdomain now that the main domain is pointing to the blog. Where can i change this I can't figure out where at all.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2007 at 3:24 PM
Permalinks or any other links in BE are not hardcoded. They are always relative to the root of the application. When we use an absolute link, then it's actually calculated based on the relative one. In the web.config's appSettings in BE 1.2 you can change the relative root. It's by default set to "~/".
Nov 4, 2007 at 6:22 PM
Thanks. Yeah it finally cleared up i'm thinking it might have been a browser cache or something, I kept meaning to post a reply to this thread.
Jan 22, 2008 at 12:46 PM
Interesting. I moved my site from "beta" to "www" a few weeks ago, and my "permalinks" were still pointing at "beta", although everything else was fine. Well the RSS feed returns "beta" too. The site's http://www.campofchampions.com/blog.aspx

I searched all my files for the string "beta" but can't find it, so I was wondering where the text "beta" was coming from in the url for the permalink.

I looked in the BE web.config and of course I've got: {<add key="BlogEngine.VirtualPath" value="~/" />} but that's the root of the application, not the web site.

I thought it may be that the IIS "application", which is now "under" the production URL rather than the Beta one. It wasn't quite that... it was that the IIS6 "Application Pool" I was using had the old url in it somehow. To fix this I just created a new application pool and pointed BE at that, and now it's all good. One day I'll have to read the IIS manual, but there's a fix for anyone dumb enough to hit the same thing.