Instead of a Image Gallery...

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:11 AM
One of the biggest problems I see about "adding" an image gallery to the default BE.NET package is the amount of additional complexity it would add to the code base.

Why not do like Wordpress and build a plugin/extension gallery? I personally would like to see a gallery that grabs photos from flickr and display's them instead of uploading them to my server so i can save a bit of bandwidth as I will have a LOT of images comeing up soon to display.

I'd recomment maybe getting a team of people and build one and maybe work with BE.NET guys to make it easier to integrate. I would head it up and code for it, but that would not be a good idea as all of my code, as of right now, is not production quality and i'm pretty useless for the most part coding "new" stuff i'm more of a tweak and add stuff person right now until i get a better handle on coding.

What are your thgouths?
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2007 at 3:21 PM
I agree. This was the plan from the beginning to keep Be clean from additional non-core features and them make it easy to write plug-ins as a gallery.
Nov 4, 2007 at 6:25 PM
I started a basic plug-in for flicr images using the FlickrNet library here on codeplex. I wrote it in about 2 hours. So it isn't to very difficult in some respects.

If you want to check it out http://buddylindsey.com I honestly made it out of an accident just threw the code together just right and guessing every step of the way. But it is possible. Going to make a post with the code later today.