BlogEngine Error on Initial Setup

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:05 AM
I am receiving the following error after I setup the web version of blogengine.net on my development and production servers:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Line 16: private void BindMenu()
Line 17: {
Line 18: foreach (SiteMapNode adminNode in SiteMap.Providers"SecuritySiteMap".RootNode.ChildNodes)
Line 19: {
Line 20: if(adminNode.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext.Current))

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\blog\admin\menu.ascx.cs Line: 18

I followed all the instructions to setup the blog but I continue to receive this error. I unchecked the readonly option from the main folder and added the write permissions to the APP_Data folder but still no go. The only time I am able to get the project to work is when I open the site in Visual Studio and run the project using the build in web server.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Nov 8, 2007 at 5:32 AM
Just thought I would post the fix that I found for this issue. It turns out the the main site security setup in my web.config file was causing the issue. If anyone is denying access to all content on their site via the web.config file, make sure you add the blog folder to grant all users access to that folder.
Nov 22, 2007 at 1:59 AM
I'm afraid you are assuming too much knowledge in those who are trying to implement this blog engine on their sites (me being the prime example). Would you please provide an example of how one would "add the blog folder to grant all users access to that folder".

-----Paul-----

jgroh9 wrote:
Just thought I would post the fix that I found for this issue. It turns out the the main site security setup in my web.config file was causing the issue. If anyone is denying access to all content on their site via the web.config file, make sure you add the blog folder to grant all users access to that folder.