Authenticating readers

Nov 8, 2007 at 7:56 AM
I would like to create a blog where all readers have to authenticate to read posts. As I understand I can add a new role (Members) and add users to that role and then editthen web.config file in the root to restrict the site to members. But doing so will allow members acces to functions that only the administrators and authors should have.

Perhaps this kind of feature is already plannede. I see the road map has an item called "Extended Author/Role Implementation (Users/Roles/Admin)". Could someone please elaborate in this item?

Kind regards,

Anders Bergvit
Nov 9, 2007 at 10:36 AM
I have this requirement as well as one of our sites has both public and subscriber only posts (articles). I haven't got around to looking at this problem - is it worth raising as a workitem?
Nov 9, 2007 at 12:29 PM
Hi djcp1,

It is certainly something I would like to see in a new version. If there is a general interest in this feature perhaps the team would consider it for a new release.

Do you know what is covered by the "Extended Author/Role Implementation (Users/Roles/Admin)" item on the road map? Does it relate to the feature that we are asking for?