Keywords for SEO in header??

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls, Themes
Nov 8, 2007 at 5:03 PM
Hi there,

i wanted to ask anyone if they are using the Header section in settings to add keywords (meta) or anything else to improve SEO, so google and others can find me better..

Any advise of what anyone has done in blogengine 1.2 would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks
Nov 9, 2007 at 7:44 AM
By default each entry/page will add any tag you associate to it to your keyword meta tag. The exeption for this (not really an exception either) is the homepage which uses all the tags for the posts currently visable.

The engine also adds a rel link for search engines to pick up on.

From a meta side of things, there's really not much more you can do. If you're looking to improve on search results, it will take a good bit of time without spending money to get higher rankings. One of the best ways to do that is getting link backs - Ask other bloggers you know to link to your blog; if you use forums frequently, add a link to your blog in your signature - stuff like that. Just use common sense when you go placing links to your site.

Google has a nice tool specifically for them so that you can add your SiteMap file (<blog url>/SiteMap.axd) as well as see what they're doing on your site. https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/siteoverview

All-in-all there is no fast way to get high rankings. Becareful of scams asking for cash to get you better rankings - they do not work. If you decide to go the pay route, deal with the search provider directly. It'll take time for the engines to really start paying attention to you (e.g. they spider more often) and then you keep gaining with the more content you add. If you can, try to keep to a "theme" with your blog so that your content seems more relevant. I read somewhere (I wish I could remember exactly where) that it takes about a year with regular postings for a blogger to get decent search engine results.

I hope that helps.