Polls

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Nov 8, 2007 at 10:46 PM
Has anyone thought of adding polls to blogengine.NET? Thinking about giving it a go but don't want to re-invent the wheel.
Nov 12, 2007 at 1:16 AM
I've been hoping that someone would respond to this - it's certainly a feature that would be useful for me!
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2007 at 6:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that no one has build such a control. It would be very cool.
Nov 12, 2007 at 9:11 PM
Why wouldn't you just use one of the many ASP.NET poll controls that already exist? (At least, I presume they do.)
Nov 12, 2007 at 9:27 PM
yes, this one looks good.
http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/082907-1.aspx
We'd need to add xml support.
Nov 13, 2007 at 1:01 AM
I dunno seems like it would be a little more complex than just using a poll control as you would basically need a management system for the data and multiple polls. I have been thinking about how to approach this one for a while. heh.
Dec 30, 2007 at 6:28 PM
How about

1. A separate Poll application (PollEngine.NET) .
2. That provides an API to read and write data.
3. And a BlogEngine.NET control that can render a poll with data from, say, PollEngine.NET.

With that said, what's the latest on Poll features here?
Jan 8, 2008 at 12:01 AM
Nothing's happening here sorry, life got busy & this idea dropped down the list. That said it's still something I'd like to see one day.
Jan 8, 2008 at 5:18 AM
I stumbled across this handy little site... It might work for you...

http://www.blogpoll.com/
Mar 3, 2008 at 12:15 AM
I've just tried adding the blogpoll code into a post and it seems to display correctly, but when I try to submit a vote it wont actaully work.

If someone could make a poll extension for BlogEngine that would be awesome. I'm one of the IT support people at a school and I set up a BlogEngine website for the student council to use. They really like it and have requested that I add a poll option for them. Unfortunately I never was any good at coding and couldn't hope to develop anything like this as I'm more of a hardward/software support guy.

I'm toying with the idea of setting up a phpBB forum and trying to embed a poll from that into a post but I'm not sure if that will really work either.