Russian heading "Похожие записи" appears unexpectedly between posts and comments

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls, Themes
Nov 10, 2007 at 6:45 AM
I just found something strange. After the post and before the comments there is a section that starts with a headline in russian "Похожие записи". When I look at the html source than it seems it is the section of the related posts. Here is the html source:

<h1>Похожие записи</h1><div id="relatedPosts"><a href="/post/2007/11/How-to-change-the-tooltip-of-a-3rd-party-composite-NET-control-like-the-ArchestrA-Object-Editor.aspx">How to change the tooltip of a 3rd party composite .NET control like the ArchestrA Object Editor</a><span></span></div>

An example blog post can be found at: http://www.tellingmachine.com/post/2007/10/How-to-create-a-web-site-icon-with-Photoshop.aspx

Does anybody have an idea what could have happened? I am using BlogEngine 1.2.
Is it a bug or somekind of intrusion?
Nov 10, 2007 at 7:02 AM
I just found that the words "Похожие записи" mean "Similar records". It almost seems like a bug. For some reason the russian translation is used for the heading instead of the english version.
Nov 10, 2007 at 5:36 PM
I don't see it on the page......
It could be a problem with your browser saying what language to use. (unless you have already fixed it)
Nov 10, 2007 at 9:11 PM
I didn't fix it, but you are right, it is now back in english. At least it seems to be some kind of bug and not an intrusion. I will keep my eye on it. I found also that there is something strange with the time stamping of posts going on around midnight. I also remember recycling the app pool on the server yesterday afternoon.
I will try to do some debugging.
Nov 24, 2007 at 10:00 PM
I also found on some other BlogEngine.Net 1.2 site that the "Related Links" was in Italian, but the application was configured to use english.