Missing Login Control

Nov 20, 2007 at 1:25 PM
I downloaded the latest code from codeplex and loaded the sln file in Visual Studio 2005. It couldn't find the website, so I re-added the website to the solution and added a reference to the BlogEngine.Core project. When I run the website using the ASP.NET development server, it all appears to be working, until I try to sign in. The Login.aspx page simply renders the Home|Archive|Contact|Subscribe links and nothing underneath, so it is impossible to login. What am I doing wrong?

thanks
Mark

Nov 20, 2007 at 4:00 PM
I've heard of this recently. If you edit the web.config file and comment out the "cleanpagemodule" entry - see if your site works after that.

I don't know why (yet) but it affects only some systems.

Nov 20, 2007 at 4:25 PM

djcp1 wrote:
I've heard of this recently. If you edit the web.config file and comment out the "cleanpagemodule" entry - see if your site works after that.

I don't know why (yet) but it affects only some systems.

thanks, that worked
Nov 20, 2007 at 4:46 PM
I experienced the same issue after installing the .NET Framework 3.5 release on two different development systems running Visual Studio 2005. I'm not sure if it is the 3.5 Framework itself or the updates to the 2.0 Framework that are also applied durring the 3.5 install. I have a third system that has the 3.5 beta installed on it with Visual Studio 2008 B2 and it does not seem to be experiencing the issue. Seems to be something with the final release or a conflict between Visual Studio 2005 and the 3.5 Framework in my situation. At any rate removing the cleanpagemodule worked to resolve the issue.
Coordinator
Nov 21, 2007 at 3:17 PM

ilektran wrote:
I experienced the same issue after installing the .NET Framework 3.5 release on two different development systems running Visual Studio 2005.

Same here...
Nov 24, 2007 at 6:19 AM
I have seen this problem in every drop since the 6436 change set. That was the last change set that i was able to use without this work around. Removing the CleanPageModule fixes the error. I also commented out the following functions from the blog.js script file in the Core project. The login.aspx and contact.aspx pages are the only two pages that I have seen this error on.

function __doPostBack
function InitValidators
function ValidatorOnSubmit
function CleanForm_OnSubmit

I removed these entries cause it is my understanding that the cleanpagemodule is suppose to place these four common functions into one location rather than on every page that they are needed.
Nov 25, 2007 at 3:31 AM
"Write" method in the CleanPageModule is encoding to the default codepage.
It doesn't work correctly to multi bytes.