BlogEngine in Windows Home Server

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Nov 23, 2007 at 6:45 AM

I am trying to host BlogEngine on a Windows Home Server machine. Everything works except the functions that require write access to AppData like blogging, managing users, etc.. I've tried everything and I can't figure out how to change the attributes of the AppData folder on WHS. I have full permissions but everytime I change the Read Only attribute it gets reset again.

Has anyone successfully run BlogEngine on WHS?

Enrique
Dec 9, 2007 at 4:38 PM
I intend to buy Windows Home Server (HP MediaSmart Server) and would like to know :

• Are you satisfied with it ?
  • Did you succeed at installing BlogEngine.NET on it since your message of Nov. 23 ?

Thanks for any information!

Gilles
Mar 16, 2008 at 4:24 AM

I wrote some instructions if you are interested. It turns out to be relatively simple. And yes it runs fine in WHS!

https://dkkamorse.homeserver.com/Blog/page/Installing-BlogEngineNet-on-WHS--Whiist.aspx

I have seen some forum entries here and there that say the HP MediaSmart Server has some restrictions that may affect the process I used.

So far I am quite happy with it, the only feature version 1.3 is missing for me is a links control. They say it is coming in the next version!

Dave