Problem using fckeditor

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Nov 30, 2007 at 6:59 PM
Hi,

i'm trying to get the fckeditor working because i need more control over the files (images / videos) etc. on the blog. I did the steps noticed in the wiki entry http://www.dotnetblogengine.net/wiki/FCKeditor%2bintegration.ashx und some more, because the documentation does not explain all steps. So, i've the editor working, but if i want to browse the server for images from the fckeditors image gallery i get an error: "The server didn't send back a proper XML Response." I've modified the CompressionModule.cs like explained in the docs. But i doesn't work. What can i do to get the fckeditor working?
Dec 17, 2007 at 9:06 AM
Hi,

Exactly the same case here. Did all the steps explained, and not explained, on both sites, but I get the same error message.
Dec 18, 2007 at 9:24 PM
Hi again,

Nobody else using fckeditor here?

I changed to fckeditor for the image browsing function. Is there any other application that might be used together with the built-in text editor for image/file browsing and handling?
Feb 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM
Hi,

here is what i did to make it work. I provide all steps to have a complete documentation.
"Webroot" is the directory where you installed blogengine.net in. You should change the web.config
in the last step, because you have to restart your application anyway.

• Download the FCKEditor main package at http://www.fckeditor.net/download.
    • Extract the zip file to your webroot. You now have a folder fckeditor in your webroot.
  • Download the FCKEditor.NET package at http://www.fckeditor.net/download.
    • Extract the zip file to a temporary folder.
    • Copy FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll from {temporary folder}\bin\Release\2.0\ to the \bin\ directory of your webroot.
  • Create a folder "userfiles" in your webroot. Add write permissions to this folder for the Network Service account (Windows Server 2003).
  • Switch off HTTP compression in the blog settings
  • add_entry.aspx ({webroot}\admin\Pages\):
    • add <%@ Register Assembly="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" Namespace="FredCK.FCKeditorV2" TagPrefix="fck" %>
    • replace <Blog:TextEditor runat="server" id="txtContent" TabIndex="4" /> with <fck:FCKeditor id="txtContent" runat="server" BasePath="/FCKeditor/" Height="700" Width="800" />
    • remove upload fields (txtUploadImage, txtUploadFile)
  • add_entry.aspx.cs ({webroot}\admin\Pages\):
    • replace txtContent.Text with txtContent.Value
    • remove all references to the old upload fields (txtUploadImage, txtUploadFile)
    • the function SizeFormat() can also be removed
  • fckconfig.js ({webroot}\fckeditor\):
    • set _FileBrowserLanguage to 'aspx'
    • set _QuickUploadLanguage to 'aspx'
  • config.ascx ({webroot}\fckeditor\editor\filemanager\connectors\aspx\):
    • you have to implement a session check in CheckAuthentication() or just return true (not recommended)
  • Set enableSessionState="true" in the <pages> section in web.config

Can someone give me a hint how to implement the session check in the CheckAuthentication() method?

Matthias
Feb 3, 2008 at 10:48 AM
Awesome instructions!
I have been wanting to use fckeditor but never realized how to get it to work. This is a keeper!

Cheers!
- jonah
Feb 3, 2008 at 10:52 AM

jonahcarneskog wrote:
Awesome instructions!
I have been wanting to use fckeditor but never realized how to get it to work. This is a keeper!

Cheers!
- jonah

Whops... it was actually FreeTextbox that I have been wanting to use, but no one have managed to get that to work with BE, right?
- jonah
Feb 26, 2008 at 5:11 PM
In this case you will have your image uploaded but at the default directory fck use. One thing I'm currently struggling on is the possibility to let fck reads on app_data folder and so share the same path MetaWebLog Api use.
Any idea for thi?
Jul 3, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Totally awesome tutorial.  THANK YOU!!!

Parallon

Sep 1, 2008 at 8:02 AM
I met the same error.When I delete "CompressionModule" from web.config,it's ok!
Sep 1, 2008 at 8:09 AM
@moroandrea

add this to appsettings node
<add key="FCKeditor:UserFilesPath" value="~/App_Data/files/" />
Nov 9, 2008 at 8:53 PM
To implement CheckAuthentication, in config.ascx, just:

return System.Threading.Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.IsAuthenticated;

Aug 2, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Ok i have followed these steps in version1.6  but have an isse with:

add_entry.aspx.cs ({webroot}\admin\Pages\):

• replace txtContent.Text with txtContent.Value

so when i replace txtContent.Text i get 10 errors because txtContent.Value is not specified anywhere