SQL problem

Dec 7, 2007 at 10:11 AM
I get the following error when i try to save settings.
I have no problem with adding new posts, only saving settings.

Any ideas?

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot find the object "be_Settings" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot find the object "be_Settings" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot find the object "be_Settings" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +862234
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +739110
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1956
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async) +192
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +380
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +135
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.MSSQLBlogProvider.SaveSettings(StringDictionary settings) +270
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.SaveSettings(StringDictionary settings) +39
BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Save() +483
adminPagesconfiguration.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1878
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2007 at 5:12 PM
http://www.codeplex.com/blogengine/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=18786

The latest version of the code needs an additional field in be_Settings. (Description)

Dec 17, 2007 at 7:20 PM
The thread linked by RazorAnt mentions adding a description field to categories.

I checked and saw that beSettings did in fact have description. Even for insanities sake I even capped it but still nothing ... I can make edits to other fields like categories but get the error listed below? I believe the user is db owner although I at first had it at dbreader and db_writer. Am I missing another column name? I am using 1.2.0.0. Below are my columns

alternatefeedurl
authorname
blogrollmaxlength
blogrollupdateminutes
blogrollvisibleposts
contactformmessage
contactthankmessage
culture
dayscommentsareenabled
Description
displaycommentsonrecentposts
displayratingsonrecentposts
email
enablecommentsearch
enablecommentsmoderation
enablecontactattachments
enablecountryincomments
enablehttpcompression
enableopensearch
enablerating
enablereferrertracking
enablerelatedposts
enablessl
endorsement
fileextension
geocodinglatitude
geocodinglongitude
handlewwwsubdomain
htmlheader
iscocommentenabled
iscommentsenabled
language
name
numberofrecentcomments
numberofrecentposts
postsperfeed
postsperpage
removewhitespaceinstylesheets
searchbuttontext
searchcommentlabeltext
searchdefaulttext
sendmailoncomment
showdescriptioninpostlist
showlivepreview
smtppassword
smtpserver
smtpserverport
smtpusername
storagelocation
syndicationformat
theme
timestamppostlinks
timezone
trackingscript

Cannot find the object "be_Settings" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot find the object "be_Settings" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot find the object "be_Settings" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +862234
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +739110
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1956
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async) +192
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +380
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.MSSQLBlogProvider.SaveSettings(StringDictionary settings) in C:\Documents and Settings\a18fxr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\BlogEngine.NET 1.2\BlogEngien.Core\Providers\MSSQLBlogProvider.cs:727
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.SaveSettings(StringDictionary settings) in C:\Documents and Settings\a18fxr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\BlogEngine.NET 1.2\BlogEngien.Core\Providers\BlogService.cs:244
BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Save() in C:\Documents and Settings\a18fxr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\BlogEngine.NET 1.2\BlogEngien.Core\BlogSettings.cs:1561
adminPagesControls.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +501
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:17 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2007 at 9:18 PM
looks like it was a db owner issue .... fixed

fraygos wrote:
The thread linked by RazorAnt mentions adding a description field to categories.

I checked and saw that beSettings did in fact have description. Even for insanities sake I even capped it but still nothing ... I can make edits to other fields like categories but get the error listed below? I believe the user is db owner although I at first had it at dbreader and db_writer. Am I missing another column name? I am using 1.2.0.0. Below are my columns

alternatefeedurl
authorname
blogrollmaxlength
blogrollupdateminutes
blogrollvisibleposts
contactformmessage
contactthankmessage
culture
dayscommentsareenabled
Description
displaycommentsonrecentposts
displayratingsonrecentposts
email
enablecommentsearch
enablecommentsmoderation
enablecontactattachments
enablecountryincomments
enablehttpcompression
enableopensearch
enablerating
enablereferrertracking
enablerelatedposts
enablessl
endorsement
fileextension
geocodinglatitude
geocodinglongitude
handlewwwsubdomain
htmlheader
iscocommentenabled
iscommentsenabled
language
name
numberofrecentcomments
numberofrecentposts
postsperfeed
postsperpage
removewhitespaceinstylesheets
searchbuttontext
searchcommentlabeltext
searchdefaulttext
sendmailoncomment
showdescriptioninpostlist
showlivepreview
smtppassword
smtpserver
smtpserverport
smtpusername
storagelocation
syndicationformat
theme
timestamppostlinks
timezone
trackingscript

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

BlogEngine.Core.Providers.MSSQLBlogProvider.SaveSettings(StringDictionary settings) in C:\Documents and Settings\a18fxr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\BlogEngine.NET 1.2\BlogEngien.Core\Providers\MSSQLBlogProvider.cs:727
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogService.SaveSettings(StringDictionary settings) in C:\Documents and Settings\a18fxr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\BlogEngine.NET 1.2\BlogEngien.Core\Providers\BlogService.cs:244
BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Save() in C:\Documents and Settings\a18fxr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\BlogEngine.NET 1.2\BlogEngien.Core\BlogSettings.cs:1561
adminPagesControls.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +501