Installing blogengine in compositeWeb environment

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 7, 2007 at 9:49 PM
I tried to set up the blog engine to be accessed through my compositeweb site built with visual studio application blocks (web client software factory) But I cannot get it to run. Appears to have a problem with the web.config and I cant seem to put a finger on it. When I point another site on the same server at the blogengine app it works like a champ. This site is a standard asp.net 2.0 website built with visual studio 2005. Anybody have any experience with this or can lead me in a resolvable direction. Much appreciated.
John
Dec 8, 2007 at 3:31 AM
Can you please post the error message, if any, that you are getting? You say it appears to be a problem with the web.config, what makes you think that's the cause?
Dec 8, 2007 at 2:21 PM
Edited Dec 8, 2007 at 2:30 PM
Thanks for the response.... below is the error which points to a line in my main site web.config. If I remove the reference he just errors on the next line and so on.... (FYI IIS 6)

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (D:\www-ecollaboration.com\web.config line 116)

Source Error:

Line 114: <pages styleSheetTheme="Default"/>
Line 115: <httpModules>
Line 116: <add name="WebClientAuthorizationModule" type="Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Authorization.WebClientAuthorizationModule, Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb"/>
Line 117: <add name="ExceptionLoggerHttpModule" type="Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionLogger, Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.EnterpriseLibrary"/>
Line 118: </httpModules>

Source File: D:\www-ecollaboration.com\web.config Line: 116

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832
Dec 8, 2007 at 5:03 PM
The assemblies are obviously not found. Perhaps you can try referencing these assemblies using their Strong Name. If these assemblies are GACed and you don't use a Stron Name I don't think they will be found. If you don't use a Strong Name you may need to copy the assemblies to your BIN folder of you Blog site.
Dec 14, 2007 at 8:16 PM

lvildosola wrote:
The assemblies are obviously not found. Perhaps you can try referencing these assemblies using their Strong Name. If these assemblies are GACed and you don't use a Stron Name I don't think they will be found. If you don't use a Strong Name you may need to copy the assemblies to your BIN folder of you Blog site.

Thanks for the reply...sorry been really busy with other things. Trying to get my head around your solution. Since my 'main' application/site is a compositeweb site and references and uses particular assemblies...and has no problems finding them....you are saying I need to make them available to the blogengine app (for instance) in the BIN folder ?? Since I tried removing these references before and just saw the error cascade to the next item in the web.config file, not sure which assemblies the blogengine would want to have a path to... Maybe you could expand on your rational here.
Dec 14, 2007 at 8:16 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2007 at 8:16 PM
error
Dec 19, 2007 at 8:10 PM
Okay, have had a chance to copy over all the wcsf assemblies into the bin folder on the blogengine...and there is no change in results...same error messages any other ideas are appreciated.
Thanks.

jr wrote:

lvildosola wrote:

Thanks for the reply...sorry been really busy with other things. Trying to get my head around your solution. Since my 'main' application/site is a compositeweb site and references and uses particular assemblies...and has no problems finding them....you are saying I need to make them available to the blogengine app (for instance) in the BIN folder ?? Since I tried removing these references before and just saw the error cascade to the next item in the web.config file, not sure which assemblies the blogengine would want to have a path to... Maybe you could expand on your rational here.

Dec 20, 2007 at 9:37 PM
Problem resolved it was a Trust issue