insert blog content in website

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:40 PM
I want the follow: write a blog entry and then use some link to include the exact content of the entry (only the text of the entry, not other links as c=commnets, etc) in a webpage, maybe using #include or other way...
Is that possible ??

Thanks.
Dec 19, 2007 at 7:32 PM
You could scrape the page contents to remove all HTML tags. But let me ask you instead. What is your goal/need? Is it to embed the blog into another site? You are describing a solution you want to implement. However, if you take a step back and tell us your goal there might be a different solution altogether.
Dec 19, 2007 at 8:09 PM
I think his goal is similar to one of my own which is the ability to move post content to page content while only needing to keep one current. Entering it as a post allows for it to be displayed in the post lists, RSS feeds and currently the only way to allow for comments, yet this does not allow you to fix the content into the site navigation as a permenant page without duplicating the content. The problem with duplicating the content is if one gets changed it isn't reflected in the other. Linking or embeding the content allows you to only need to maintain one content source.

I could be wrong but that is what it sounds like to me and is something I am trying to do myself.
Dec 19, 2007 at 8:25 PM
That's exactly like ilektran describe... I want some posts be displayed in my website, and keep only one place to update or edit.... just exact as above.
Dec 19, 2007 at 9:06 PM
I'm still working out what the best method to do this would be. My first attempt was to make all entries posts (everything saved to the posts folder/table). Additional fields were added for page properties (keywords, parent, isfrontpage, showinlist, ispage). The IsPage property was simply True/False and was used to determin if the post would be included into the page list and then the remaining properties would be read as normal. This kept everything in one file/table including author, comments, tags. I may revert back to doing that.

My other solution was to copy the post elements that were the same to a page file/record, lock the comments on the post and append to the post content a notice that the current content (any future updates) is now at a different URL. Although this method would be easier to implement it lacks the polish of the first method in not needing to actually duplicate information, allow updates to be accessible through RSS feeds and not have to confuse the visitor with a message indicating the current content is now located elsewhere.

The third option is to use some control that simply pulls the content from the corresponding post file/record but then that would still need to include reference properties and not allow for comments on the page if that was desired without having two separate threads of comments (one for post and one for page).

The other problem with the last two options is duplicate results in a site search. You would only want people to see one result for the same information. With the first option you could probably filter results based on the IsPage property so that if the result is a post and IsPage property is TRUE then do not display it allowing only the page result to be displayed. You could probably do something similar in the second option by adding a property to the post to indicate that it was moved and filter it accordingly.
Dec 20, 2007 at 4:47 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Just a comment... I'm using file based posts, not databases, means could be more simple for me to read post files from my website, the problem is files are in App_Data folder, innaccesible from outside, but maybe can be accesed in some way... by a service, or webpage that serve the content of the file, or maybe changing the folder to a public floder...
I don;t know I'm just comment my thoughs...

Maybe could be a web service to provide the funtionality to interact with post ?? geting the content, update it ??

thanks for your help..