Upgrade guide?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Dec 23, 2007 at 5:32 PM
Hey guys, what's the best way to upgrade? I am specifically talking about existing content, like caegories, posts, and pages. Should I just create a new web root for the 1.3 version, and start copying over my content?

And thanks for the upgrade! Definitely an excellent holiday gift. I especially like the Mobile theme!

Chris
Dec 23, 2007 at 5:49 PM
I just backed up the whole folder then delete everything except for the appdata folder and copied everything from the new release to the folder except the appdata folder and it worked.
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2007 at 9:29 PM

percent20 wrote:
I just backed up the whole folder then delete everything except for the appdata folder and copied everything from the new release to the folder except the appdata folder and it worked.

That is mostly all you need to do if you are an xml user. It is good to go into Settings after an update, look at the new settings and click Save. This will add the new settings into your settings.xml.

If you are a sql user, you have more to do.

I wrote up an upgrade guide, which you can find here: http://www.nyveldt.com/blog/post/BlogEngineNET-13-Upgrade-Guide.aspx