Blogroll edit/update in admin interface

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:21 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2007 at 9:21 PM
Currently, we can either add or delete a blogroll entry. To actually update such record, we need to manually text-edit the blogroll.xml. Any plans to include an admin interface for editing?

Thanks,
Mike
Jan 7, 2008 at 1:55 AM
To add to that, it would be great to be able to change the order in which the blogroll entries appear, also.

Currently, my wife is making a list of blogs she wants to add to her blog roll so that she can enter them in alphabetical order. That doesn't seem right.

Jim
Jan 7, 2008 at 9:41 AM
Excellent addition, Jim. Same desire here and it doesn't seem right to me either.

A slightly better workaround is to manually open the blogroll.xml in a text editor and sort them accordingly. Still dirty, not quite right, but offering some control.

Mads and BE.Net dev-champs: any plans to enhance this admin section?

Thanks!
Mike
Feb 22, 2008 at 9:24 AM
Gonna create an issue/feature request out of this one.

Jim made an excellent point:

To add to that, it would be great to be able to change the order in which the blogroll entries appear, also.
Currently, my wife is making a list of blogs she wants to add to her blog roll so that she can enter them in alphabetical order. That doesn't seem right.

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:20 PM
Hi, MikevZ,

I am new here...
I'd like to see it done like it is in DNN (DotNetNuke) portal, Links module, where you have a "Display order" field, which if left blank alpha-sorts the list, but if populated (1, 2 3, ...) sort in given order

My 5 cents..maybe when you formulate the feature request.

Dusan
Feb 23, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Hi Dusan,

Welcome to the BE.NET club! Seems your excellent suggestion came after my feature request. For some reason we can't edit those kind of posts, but I'm positive the development team picks up your addition.

Thank you for the 3 extra cents ;-)
Mike