Extension Manager

Jan 3, 2008 at 3:37 AM
So I am finally converting my extensions to use the extension manager and have some request.
1. Would like an option to define what kind of control to display (checkbox, drop down list, etc....). So I could see this looking something like: settings.AddParameter("Target", "Target", "DropDownList", Array of options, required bool, keyfield bool);
settings.AddParameter("Enable/Disable", "Enable/Disable", "CheckBox", required bool, keyfield bool);

This would allow for ultimate extendability, and allow developers to remove some element of human error. Because under the current setup I will have to hope that the user types _blank correctly.

Jan 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM
I need some help on understanding the extension manager, when I click 'add' to save a new value, where does it save it?
Jan 3, 2008 at 11:55 AM
And.... how can I loop through where it saves it to actually use it in the extension I wrote. Previously I had my own xml file that I stored stuff into.
Jan 4, 2008 at 4:15 AM
I will add documentation to the WIKI this weekend that hopefully will answer most of your questions. You can look at Extensions.xml in the ~/app_data folder to see where your values were saved. It really is an object serialized to XML, and you can get your saved values as a table:

DataTable table = _settings.GetDataTable();
foreach (DataRow row in table.Rows)...

or as a single value if settings are "scalar" (not tabular): _settings.GetSingleValue("myvalue");

Support for different control types as you described in the first post will be added, most likely in the next release.
Jan 4, 2008 at 4:32 AM
I've figured out how to use it. Great job! Can't wait for the alternate controls.