Windows Live Writer and MSSQL Provider

Jan 5, 2008 at 1:59 AM
Moved over to an MSSQL database (SQL 2000) and things seem to be working correctly.

I just I tried to post with Windows Live Writer, which was working fine prior to the change over to SQL and got an error dialog.

Blog Server Error:

Server Error 0 Occurred
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any idea's?
Jan 5, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Hey, I had this problem too. Easy fix. In Windows Live Writer, go to Tools --> Accounts. Click 'Edit' beside the account you are using. On the window that pops up, click on 'Update Account Configuration'. Follow the on screen prompts. This will grab all of the new information about this release of BlogEngine.Net from your server. Once it finishes, close Windows Live Writer and re-launch it. That solved the problem for me.
Jan 5, 2008 at 9:48 PM
I am having a similar problem. I installed a new version 1.3 of blogengine. Everything works fine, including WLW while setup with the xml provider. However, when I moved over to the sqlprovider (I installed a new database using the v1.3 table creation script) WLW now gives me the following when creating a new page in WLW:

Server Error 0 Occurred

The parameterized query '(@id nvarchar(36),@title nvarchar(11),@desc nvarchar(4000),@cont' expects the parameter '@desc', which was not supplied.

I have tried as you suggest. I even set up a new account to the version 1.3 of blogengine. All to no avail.

It appears blogengine 1.3 is expecting the description column (as it was added several places in v1.3) and WLW does not know about it, even when you establish a new account with the server.

I don't get this error when I create a post in WLW or create a page or post in blogengine admin.

Anyone else seen this error?

Thanks for the help,

Warren
Jan 5, 2008 at 10:12 PM
Thanks iceage

That was exactly the problem. Probably also explains why when I setup to debug it locally I couldn't reproduce the error.

smitty, your issue sounds slightly different. It's with new pages not posts? I haven't had a change to try that yet.

Jan 6, 2008 at 4:02 AM
Just a little feedback.

I looked around in the source code builds and discovered that build 8827 had fixes for WLW and the page post. Downloaded it, compiled it, and it works just fine with posting a page to the blogengine with sql provider.

Warren