New user has two questions on managing comments.

Topics: Controls
Mar 18, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I am a new user and have two quick questions on managing comments:

Is there any way for me to add a comment to a comment?

As a blogger, I want to recognize and interact with people that take the time to comment on my blog.  I know I can send them a comment via email, but in most cases I would prefer to comment on their comment publicly.

Is there a way to show all comments associated with a post without having the user click the comment link at the button on the post?

I ask this because by making comments more visible, a ready is more apt to read the comments and make a comment of their own.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Is there any way for me to add a comment to a comment?

This happens by default in the 1.6 version of blogengine, assuming your theme supports it.  You do it by clicking on the "reply" link on a comment.  You can see an example at: http://www.bloodforge.com/post/BlogengineNET-reCaptcha-093-Installation-Instructions.aspx

Is there a way to show all comments associated with a post without having the user click the comment link at the button on the post?

You do not need to click on the 'comments' link to view the comments (for example, you can click on the post title on your main page, or you can go directly to the post from the archive, and comments will be shown). However, you do need to be viewing the post. I'm guessing that what you would like to see is the ability to show comments on your main page which displays many posts at once? If that is the case, I believe you would need to modify some code to make that happen, as I don't think BE does that by default.