Problem of install BlogEngine 1.3 with SQLProvider on Godaddy!

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 16, 2008 at 2:59 PM
Hi,
I was download BlogEngine 1.3 the day before yesterday,and upload to GODADDY Hosting.What i used is SQLProvider;I according the guides to modification both Web.config and robots.tet files.But when browse that had some errors appeared as folllows:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had someone been install BlogEngine 1.3 with SQLProvider on Godaddy successfully? Could you please write out the process concretely and tell me? In addition,please tell me the detailed amend code.
Thanks a lot!
Jan 16, 2008 at 5:19 PM
Hi fellow BlogEngine-on-GoDaddy user,

If you prefer the XML version, I have a quick guide and easy setup for you.

Could you please tell me your reason for using the SQL provider instead?

Hope you didn't mind me asking, because GoDaddy provides an automatic SQL-based BlogEngine.NET setup
They used to call this free service "Metropolis", but I believe it's now "Go Daddy Hosting Connection".
Keep in mind, GoDaddy installs version 1.2 though. You can access this via their Hosting Control Center.

Are you interested in the XML-based version?

Best regards,
Mike
Jan 17, 2008 at 5:02 AM
Thank you very much,Mikevz!
Becz I'm very like BlogEngine,so that i'm not consider to use Godaddy Blog that free provide.I used the SQL provider due to my Godaddy host support SQL database.
Now,I decided to use the XML-based version.I hope that i can gained your help.Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year!
z,swordy
Jan 18, 2008 at 12:04 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM
Hi joinshare, goDaddy's a tough one for sure, so I hope this custom-built BlogEngine works for you too.

You can download this version straight from CodePlex.
A complete guide can be found here. Glad to hear you like BlogEngine so much too!

Thanks for your interest and considering the XML-

Happy New Year to you as well!
--Mike
Jan 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM
Edited Jan 18, 2008 at 1:43 PM
Hi,Mike~
Many thanks for your supports,but i don't why that i cannot browse the guide page?Maybe there is something wrong.Could you check the links and tell me again?Thanks a lot!

MikevZ wrote:
Hi joinshare, goDaddy's a tough one for sure, so I hope this custom-built BlogEngine works for you too.

You can download this version straight from CodePlex.
A complete guide can be found here. Glad to hear you like BlogEngine so much too!

Thanks for your interest and considering the XML-

Happy New Year to you as well!
--Mike

Jan 18, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Edited Mar 10, 2008 at 2:27 PM
Hmm, strange. How about http://ict20.net/ModPack/ ... ?