Error when accessing blog

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Hi all,

I'm getting the following error message when trying to access my blog. The problem sees a bit intermittent and seems to be rectified by a browser refresh, but this is obviously not ideal!

Any thoughts appreciated. :-)

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access to the path '\\nas01\nas\f\o\forextechnicalchartist.com\web\App_Data\datastore\extensions\AkismetFilter.xml' is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\nas01\nas\f\o\forextechnicalchartist.com\web\App_Data\datastore\extensions\AkismetFilter.xml' is denied. 

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2010 at 6:57 AM
Edited Mar 22, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I would make sure the ASPNET account (usually the Network Service account on Windows server OS) has Write permissions for the App_Data folder (and all of it's subfolders).

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Hi Ben, thanks for the response. I'm not an ASP.net coder so have spoken with a colleage. He has set up a test which seems to show that read/write access is working ok.

ASP.NET account Identity is: NAMESCO\forextechnicalc.anon

Can write to file \\nas01\nas\f\o\forextechnicalchartist.com\web\app_data\tmp.txt

Can write to file \\nas01\nas\f\o\forextechnicalchartist.com\web\app_data\datastore\tmp.txt

Can write to file \\nas01\nas\f\o\forextechnicalchartist.com\web\app_code\extensions\tmp.txt

The problem only seems to occur (even with the test) on the first time that the blog is accessed. A quick refresh on the browser when the error comes up and then the site loads ok.

This is obviously not ideal for when the site goes live so any ideas or pointers to resolving this would be appreciated!

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM

According to the error message, it appears there may be a stack trace on the error page below the message you posted:

Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

If a stack trace and/or any additional error details are available, that might help in pinpointing the issue.