Second install missing post editing menu

Topics: Controls
Mar 30, 2010 at 12:02 AM
Edited Mar 30, 2010 at 12:06 AM

I have install a second site using BE.  Everything seems to be working as expected except for one item.  When you go to "Add Entry" the format controls are missing. (meaning the buttons.  E.g. - Bold, Underline, font color, etc...)  I DO NOT have "Use raw HTML editor</label>" checked.

Even if I change templates the format controls are missing.

I am missing something obvious but I cannot fiqure it out.

Can someone provide any direction?

Please enter a valid date (yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm) Please enter a date (yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm) Please enter a title

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 12:26 AM

It's not working because you exceeded the allowed BE installations per user ... the editor menu auto turns off if you install BE more than once.  J/K of course :)

It sounds like the entire tinyMCE WYSIWYG is not loading at all ... and you're just seeing a plain textarea.

Do you see any JavaScript errors occurring?  If you have Firefox, you can check the Error Console (Tools -> Error Console).  Either the tinyMCE JS file isn't loading, or the file loads, but then it's getting stuck trying to 'convert' the plain textarea into a WYSIWYG editor.

What happens if you check and then uncheck the 'raw HTML editor' option?

I've not seen this before ... so just taking some guesses.

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Thanks Ben.  Your suggestion lead me to remember I had made a small edit to the tinyMCS.ascx file and missed a comma.

Here is to being a rookie!

Also as I read the first sentence to your reply, about half way through, I said out loud....WTF. Funny!