Modify how "Category List" widget displays

Topics: Controls
Apr 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Is there a way to modify how a widget displays?

The Category List displays as:

• Family Fun (3)
  • RSS feed for Family Fun - ChloeFamily Fun - Chloe (2)
  • RSS feed for Family Fun - DylanFamily Fun - Dylan (5)
  • RSS feed for Family Fun - Fun VideosFamily Fun - Fun Videos (2)
  • RSS feed for Family Fun - PhoebeFamily Fun - Phoebe (4)
  • RSS feed for GeneralGeneral (8)

I would prefer

• Family Fun (3)
  • RSS feed for Family Fun - ChloeChloe (2)  These would be hidden until you moused over Family fun.
  • RSS feed for Family Fun - DylanDylan (5)
  • RSS feed for Family Fun - Fun VideosFun Videos (2)
  • RSS feed for Family Fun - PhoebePhoebe (4)
  • RSS feed for GeneralGeneral (8)

Can this be done?

• Apr 9, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Hello,

I am searching for help on my Category list problem and saw your post.  I'm sorry that I can't help you, and I am new to blogging and having some challenges myself.  I looked at your website and really admired it, and your kids are adorable too.  Anyway, would you mind helping me?  I can't get the page that gets dynamically created when a category name is clicked to show anything.  I must be doing something wrong because yours works.  I'd also like to set it up in the format that you use, i.e., adding a user control.  I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks for any help.

Apr 15, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Hello:

I have been looking for the similar but not exactly same.

I always want to display subcategories but without Parent category names.

Any luck with it? That would be nice to

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM
    Edited Apr 16, 2010 at 7:18 AM

Hello:

I have complained to display the category list was, but at the source of the current hierarchical view may not be so tried create custom controls and widgets.
    Do not touch the core because the technique is very good, but it becomes helpful.

We put the following my blog post.
    (Japanese blog the link will page translated into English).
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=Internal&from=&to=en&a=http%3a%2f%2fblog.brichan.jp%2fpost%2f2010%2f04%2f16%2fe99a8ee5b1a4e58c96e382abe38386e382b3e383aae38398e383bce382b7e383aae382b9e38388-for-Blogenginenet-16.aspx
    In English inconvenient for the inconvenience you.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Brichan,

Thanks for your reply.   I think this is the solution I was looking for and will implement this weekend and report back.

Thanks,

Apr 17, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Worked great.  I only needed to add the below to my css and it worked just the way I had hoped. 

#leftmenu li.L1{ list-style-type: none; margin-left: 12px; font-weight: normal;}

#leftmenu li.L2{ list-style-type: none; margin-left: 24px; font-weight: normal;}

#leftmenu li.L3{ list-style-type: none; margin-left: 36px; font-weight:normal;}

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    guynethery wrote:

Worked great.  I only needed to add the below to my css and it worked just the way I had hoped. 

#leftmenu li.L1{ list-style-type: none; margin-left: 12px; font-weight: normal;}

#leftmenu li.L2{ list-style-type: none; margin-left: 24px; font-weight: normal;}

#leftmenu li.L3{ list-style-type: none; margin-left: 36px; font-weight:normal;}

Fum...

CSS has also put a UL Class We've been able to nested hierarchy of tags, I'm probably not recognized by the browser.
    The preliminary plan was good as work with the CSS.

ReadMe file, and leave some days later to include additional entry.