Wiki Control for BE.NET Pages

Topics: Controls
Apr 7, 2010 at 6:13 AM
Edited Apr 7, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Hi all - I'm looking for someone who:

• Makes use of pages in their instance for keeping information on.
  • Is fairly confident at making changes (a BE.NET change is required to run it on .NET 3.5 instead of 2.0 through some web.config changes).
  • Would like to keep track of version history of all changes to their pages for safe keeping (and record who made the last change if you have multiple authors).
  • Would like to use quick Markdown syntax for editing the content on their pages (instead of TinyMCE).

I have implemented a control that allows this and have used it across many of the pages on my site and really like using it so far.

It has been up on CodePlex for a little while however I would like to just double check that everything required is there for a BE.NET user to use this if they wanted to (the control will also work in any ASP.NET site).

It is fairly non-intrusive in terms of changes to BE.NET code (it is just a control), only the web.config needs to change to run the site on .NET 3.5.

I have noticed that not many people seem to make use of pages however, but I'm quite happy with this control so far and would be happy if others found it useful also if you do ;)

You can find more info about it here:

(This page itself uses it - note the URL that takes you into the "ASP.NET-Wiki-Control-with-Markdown" Wiki page on a standard BlogEngine.NET page I have named "Downloads")

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Good one! It wood be nice to have "quick post" widget that uses this control, it would be lighter and faster than TynyMCE and great for short posts in micro-blogging style.