Using Windows Live Writer + BlogEngine.NET + SQL Server

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Apr 14, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Okay, I just tried out WLW and published a post to my local/dev copy of BE.NET.  It works great!  There's my post, right in my blog.

Now for my problem.  I can't see the new post in dbo.be_Posts!?

What is going on with Windows Live Writer?  Anyone know where its storing the data, if it's not in the data store specificed in your web.config?

I'm absolutely baffled with this.  A huge reason for my choosing BE.NET was precisely because I could figure out what was going on under the hood.

It is possible I did something undesireable to my dev environment?

I'm going to investigate this stuff and come back with my findings.  Unless someone here can shed light on the subject.

Sorry if this is retread ground and answered in another post.  If it is, I couldn't find it and think it's worthy topic for exploration.

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:54 AM

For crying out loud.  I just lost a fairly lenthy reply.  So with time pressing this'll have to do...

Nothing wrong.  Post stored in dbo.be_Posts.  I fnally spotted the record and don't know if, or how I missed it before or what!

Great on the WLW + SQL Server front.

Interestingly I did find something of value in the probe.  WLW creates and manages photos in a new directory structure under the App_Data folder:

\BlogEngine.Web\App_Data\files\WindowsLiveWriter\LocalHostEditionTest\

That level of integration with BE.NET is remarkable!  And it was so quick and easy to set up.  I'm pretty impressed, case closed.