As you know the file sitemap is served by an HttpHandler SiteMap.cs
I decided to make some changes:
- I updated the namespace with the schema version 0.90: http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9
- I added the attribute <priority> that was previously missing in list of links, this value does not affect how the pages are compared to pages on other sites, but allows you to inform search
engines about pages that you think are most important for the crawlers.
- Since links were generated in the sitemap only those relating to the posts and pages, I added those on the Categories and Tags
Replace the files SiteMap.cs in BlogEngine.Core -> Web -> httpHandlers
and rebuild the solution.